January 24th, 2019 at 7:00 PM at St Mark’s Lodge. Members and Invited Guests only.
Mark Kolke – presentation for Alberta Romance Writers Association – to assist writers with ‘presentation skills’ for speaking to small or large audiences when:
- teaching aspiring writers
- doing a book launch and/or a reading
- doing public appearance presentations associated with marketing their book
- being prepared to speak on a moment’s notice, anytime, anywhere
- microphone or no microphone – some tips; with or without notes? – more tips
Mark will demonstrate techniques, offer suggestions and ‘demonstrate’ – giving attendees some tools to work with to ease their anxiety and to be more effective in representing and presenting themselves, and their work to audiences. If you’re strong already, this presentation will give you some things to work on. If you are shaky, this presentation will help you get stronger in bite-sized steps.
Mark Kolke, DTM – is a writer (short stories, poetry, blog, industry newsletters and has a ‘novel in progress’), e-publisher, public speaker, trainer and coach. He is a real estate professional living in Calgary. He describes his ‘romance life’ as two marriages, two divorces, two near-Mrs., two daughters, two grand-children and one dog who never argues with him.